Thursday, June 5, 2014

Staring Down a Deer

So today was a new experience on the bike.  While riding down 0 Ave a deer jumped out of the forest about 10 meters in front of me.  I slowed down, hoping not to scare it (I kind of wanted to take a picture).  As soon as he was on the road he just stopped and shared at me and within about 3 seconds turned and jumped back into the States.  It got me thinking, could someone use a deer to smuggle stuff across the line?

Anyway, today's ride was a bit difficult.  I had taken four days off from riding as I was attending a retreat over the previous three days and yesterday had a clinic visit so this was my first ride since last week, and I paid for it.  It seems like my body does better when I am riding lots rather than taking a bunch of days off.

Last week was my biggest week of training, I did just over 400km's.  I felt quite good and as long as I get my legs back after these couple days off, I think I am feeling good for the ride.  The hills are really going to hurt me though.  I have not been up to the North Shore as much as I was last year so I know it will be harder going on the mountains this year, but I think/hope I can just stick it in low gear and push my way through.

The ride is getting quite close now and I can feel myself getting more nervous!

I hope to go for another ride tomorrow and I will try take some video on the ride.  I am using an actual camera now (thanks to my Mom for letting me borrow her's) so hopefully it will be of better quality.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment