Monday, June 9, 2014

The Countdown Is ON!!

Well, the countdown is on!  We are less than two weeks away from the ride and this is really the final week of training.  I don't intend on over doing it this week but just hope to get in a few more rides to make sure the legs are ready for what is coming.

I am a bit nervous.  A lot of people are asking if I feel stronger than last year.  My reply usually is that I am stronger in terms of flat and rolling hill rides, but in terms of the mountains and climbing, I know I am not as strong.  This just means I will really need to pace myself on the climbs and just slowly get through it.  I have not been able to get out to the major hills/mountains as much as I would have liked, I just hate driving somewhere to ride when I can just jump on my bike right here.

As of Saturday, we are also within range of checking the 14 day weather report on the Weather Network.  I know this is not totally reliable being this far out still, but I must say, I am not really liking what I am seeing.  It seems that we have been quite spoiled in these past two weeks and we might be heading for some more unsettled weather.  But I guess there is no controlling that!

Anyway, I'm still getting used to taking video while I am riding, especially with the new camera I am using.  Again, I will try make it a bit more smooth next time :)  These shots were taken last Friday, most of them are in South Surrey and Langley, I got a bit to lazy to take video after the 50km mark.
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment