Today was a big day. The day started with the climb up Anarchist Summit which began less than 1km from out hotel. I think I was preparing myself for a horrible climb because in the end was not that bad. I settled into a good pace with two other women and slowly on we reached the top.
The rest of the day was a number of long and fast descents with another average climb in the afternoon.
Our hotel here in Grand Forks is awesome. It is right along the river and the owners did our laundry for us! It is called "Johnny's" and I highly recommend it if you are passing through.
Tomorrow is another very big climb up Paulson Summit... I better get some rest.
Here is a picture of myself and three other riders I spend most of the morning with. This is a statue of the Sasquatch near the top of Anarchist Summit.

Thanks for the updates George! Glad your accomodation is so good! Can't complain when they do your laundry!! You must be seeing some great sights of BC! Tomorrow I leave for Edmonton with Lauren. I'm hoping we will be able to make it to Banff and that the roads are open? Hope it doesn't effect your ride either? Guess we will stay tuned! Sleep well! Lynette
ReplyDeleteCongrats with making it up that big climb. Wishing you and the others a good day tomorrow. I just got back from Gavin's grad. Take care. We love the blog - a great way to keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteDad and Mom