Hello, so we are resting nicely in a little motel in Princeton. Today was the longest ride by far but I am sad to say I was not able to ride the whole thing. Last night I had a bad flare up of my ulcer which led me to only getting about 3 hours of sleep. Then, due to my stomach pain I was not able to get the proper fluids or food in this morning and by the time we hit the Hope Slide my body had nothing left to give. After a couple tense minutes of sitting on the side of the road feeling like I was going to pass out (I had lots of people around me at this point) I began to feel a little better. Kim gave me a lift up the Hope Slide and from there I was able to ride to Manning Park. About 10km from Manning Park the skies opened up and it just down poured. That I figured was the final nail in the coffin for the day. I made it to Manning Park lodge and decided to pack it in. I know it was the right decision but I am frustrated it had to happen, especially so early in the ride. But I figured it was better to cut my loses today and try get myself ready for tomorrow. It a bit of a let down that I wasn't able to finish a ride so early in the trip, but hopefully everything will work out better from here on out.
Here is a picture at Allison Pass Summit about 7km before the lodge at Manning Park. It was quite wet- the rain drops were bouncing off the road at this point :)
You did awesome today George! I was reminded again of how much you climbed as I drove back home from Manning in 4th gear, car shaking, braking the whole way! My foot was getting tired! :) Will be thinking of you tomorrow....
ReplyDeleteLynette
Glad you made wise choices today, George, though I know it wasn't what you had hoped. Thinking and cheering for you tomorrow!! Dad and Mom
ReplyDeleteGeorge,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update - I am confident the next few days will be that much better as a result of your decision. Hopefully you got more sleep!
Tia
Thinking of you, and cheering for you George!
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Harold and Hilda
George, I hope that your ulcer does not cause you any pain today so that you can ride the way you want to today! Glad you made those wise decisions...safety first:) Louise
ReplyDeleteGeorge it was so cool to see you on Saturday flying by us!!! We had a blast cheering you and all the other riders on. We're thinking and cheering for you and the 21 other riders. Hoping today goes better for you!!! All the best!! Greta
ReplyDelete