One of the reasons I am especially excited about GearUp is because I will be riding it with two other guys who have quickly become good friends.
Paul Underhill, like me, has CF and has received a double-lung transplant. Paul is from Victoria and his company, "Rumble," is the title sponsor of this years GearUp4CF ride.
Clarke Bayles is a liver transplant recipient and lives in Vancouver. I've been able to get out on some good training rides with Clarke which are always a lot of fun since Clarke is a very strong rider and it is always a good workout to at least try keep up to him :)
Together Paul, Clarke and myself make up the core of the team: 4Lungs and a Liver
The three of us all met last summer at the Canadian Transplant Games in Calgary. We all rode the 20km road race and rode most of it as a team even though we had just met the day before. It is going to be very meaningful to be riding with two other transplant recipients; guys who have walked the same road as I have and speak "transplanteze."
Clarke also has a GearUp blog going and there is a link to it in the right-hand column of my blog.
Below are a couple pics from a training ride we all did to the top of Mount Seymour when Paul was in the lower mainland for a clinic visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment