Another day is done and boy did I feel a lot better than yesterday. I am almost feeling back to my regular self and I was able to keep a pace that I had wanted. Overall it was a great ride through a beautiful landscape. We did hit some pretty good rain and there was also a pretty strong headwind for most of the day but I was able to stay in the pace-line for some of it so that was a big help. Tomorrow there is going to be a very looooonnnnnnggggggggg climb less than 1km from where we start so we shall see how that goes.
Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement. Kim and I are having a good time. Also on that note, Kim has been a huge help for me, especially yesterday and I am so glad she is here.
Here are two pics from the day, one from when I was riding on my own and another while climbing up one of the last hills of the day, working together with another rider (I know I look serious in the pictures but I was having a good time.)
Well done, George! So glad you're feeling pretty much back to speed!! We remember that hill out of Osooyos from holidays. We know you can do it. Wishing you and your fellow cyclists and of course Kim, a good, safe day tomorrow. Dad and Mom
ReplyDeleteWay to go George! I'll think of you on that hill tomorrow morning as I hit snooze on my alarm clock! One pedal at a time and you'll make it! Hope the weather clears up a bit for you guys. Thinking of you all the time! Lynette
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that it went well today George!! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Remember going up that hill to the look out. Just think about the view you're going to have at the top. Stay safe. Greta
ReplyDelete