If you are following along with my training rides you will of noticed I haven't notched any km's over the past couple days. Part of this is the rain, part of this is that I am trying to make sure this post-nasal drip I currently have doesn't develop into a cold (!), but this is mainly because I got a big ride ahead of me tomorrow!
Tomorrow, on Good Friday, my good friend Paul Underhill is celebrating this three-year transplant anniversary. Paul also has CF and in 2011 received a double-lung transplant out in Toronto. To celebrate his transplant, Paul has organized a 100km "Live Life Celebration Ride" on Vancouver Island. We will be starting in Victoria and riding around the peninsula...I don't really know what the peninsula is called or where we are going... I'll just follow the other riders :)
It's going to be a big day, I'm riding over on the 7am ferry (Kim will drop me off) and I intent to bike to Victoria (33km) and then do the ride. Depending on how I feel I will then attempt to ride back to the ferry...we'll we see how that goes, I may need to hitch a ride somehow.
For those who don't know, Paul is quite the entrepreneur. After his transplant, Paul, along with some colleagues, created a nutritional drink called Rumble. This past fall they were featured on CBC's Dragon's Den and had all five Dragons make them offers. Rumble is currently in stores across Canada and I believe they will soon be launching into the States. Give it a try sometime, I think I drank about two or three of them everyday last year during GearUp and they are what got me through those nine days!
Anyway, I hope everyone has a blessed Good Friday and I'll let you know how mine goes...
This is a picture from the GearUp start line last year. That is Paul on my left and my other good friend Clarke on my right.
I saw them on Dragons' den and wondered how well you knew him! Very cool.
ReplyDelete